The date is set for the 14th annual Colton's Main Street Run. The Run is held in memory of Colton Sherrill, son of Trace and Dena Sherrill. The 10-year old athlete and Durant Main Street volunteer passed away 15 years ago while playing basketball from an unknown heart defect.
The proceeds will be used to provide education in Cardio Pulmonary resuscitation and use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED's), to provide emergency equipment, including but not limited to AEDs, for use by schools and communities, to fund higher education scholarships, and community projects. To date the proceeds have benefited our community as follows:
- 152 AEDs purchased for area schools and the community-provided training and yearly supplies for schools
- Purchased bleachers for Colton's Field and player benches for other soccer fields at Durant Sports Complex. In 2022, we purchased 2 new soccer goals and nets.
- Donated $25,000 to county schools to purchase PPE.
- Donated 385 Stop the Bleed Kits to Durant and Calera Schools.
- Helped purchase Lucas 2 Chest Compression System with Bryan County EMS.
- Endowed Colton Sherrill Memorial Scholarship Fund at Southeastern Oklahoma State University providing 44 scholarships to area students
- Created the Crooked Smile Trail in partnership with Southeastern Oklahoma State University for local cross-country teams and the public
- 2 - ADA Wheelchair Swing Sets at Durant City Parks
- Durant Main Street Revitalization Impact - 92,110 volunteer hours and $25 Million reinvested in Durant Main Street and Pocket Park Project
- We are holding quarterly CPR and AED classes in partnership with Bryan County EMS.
2023 focus will be to purchase Stop the Bleed kits for every classroom in our county schools. These are life saving kits that we pray are never used.
Please join us for the 2023 Colton's Run and keep the momentum going! #GiveRunRemember
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.